Where Is the Microphone on Surface Pro 7: A Complete Guide
The Surface Pro 7 is a powerful and versatile device that offers a range of features and functionalities. One of the key components of this device is the microphone, which allows you to record audio, make voice calls, and use voice commands. However, locating the microphone on the Surface Pro 7 might not be immediately obvious to all users. In this article, we will explore the different microphone locations on the Surface Pro 7 and answer some commonly asked questions about its use.
Microphone Locations on the Surface Pro 7:
1. Front Microphones: The first set of microphones are located on the front of the device, just above the display. These microphones are primarily used for voice calls and conference calls, allowing for clear and crisp audio during conversations.
2. Rear Microphone: The Surface Pro 7 also features a rear microphone, located near the rear camera. This microphone is primarily used for recording audio, such as in video recordings or voice memos.
3. Cortana Microphone: The Surface Pro 7 is equipped with a dedicated Cortana microphone, which allows for hands-free voice commands. This microphone is located on the top bezel of the device, near the front-facing camera.
Common Questions and Answers:
1. How do I enable the microphone on my Surface Pro 7?
To enable the microphone, go to Settings, select Privacy, then choose Microphone. From there, you can toggle on the microphone access for specific apps or turn it on globally.
2. Can I use an external microphone with my Surface Pro 7?
Yes, you can connect an external microphone to your Surface Pro 7 using the USB-C or the 3.5mm headphone jack. This is particularly useful for professional audio recording or when you need higher-quality audio input.
3. How do I test if my microphone is working on the Surface Pro 7?
To test your microphone, go to Settings, select System, then choose Sound. Under the Input section, you will see a volume indicator that moves when you speak into the microphone. If it doesn’t move, check your microphone settings and make sure it’s properly connected.
4. Does the Surface Pro 7 have a noise-canceling microphone?
Yes, the Surface Pro 7 is equipped with dual far-field studio microphones that utilize advanced noise-canceling technology. This allows for clearer audio input, even in noisy environments.
5. Can I use the microphone with third-party apps on my Surface Pro 7?
Yes, the microphone on the Surface Pro 7 can be used with third-party apps that require audio input. However, make sure to grant microphone access to those apps in the Privacy settings.
6. How can I adjust the microphone sensitivity on my Surface Pro 7?
To adjust the microphone sensitivity, go to Settings, select System, then choose Sound. Under the Input section, click on Device Properties, and you will find options to adjust the microphone volume and sensitivity.
7. Can I mute the microphone on my Surface Pro 7?
Yes, you can mute the microphone by pressing the physical mute button located on the top edge of the device. When the microphone is muted, a red LED indicator will be displayed.
8. How do I improve the microphone audio quality on my Surface Pro 7?
To improve the microphone audio quality, ensure that the microphone is not obstructed by any objects or your hand. Additionally, consider using an external microphone for higher-quality recording.
9. Can I use voice commands with Cortana on my Surface Pro 7?
Yes, you can use voice commands with Cortana on your Surface Pro 7. Simply say “Hey Cortana” or press and hold the Windows key + C to activate Cortana and issue voice commands.
10. Does the Surface Pro 7 support dictation?
Yes, the Surface Pro 7 supports dictation. You can use the built-in Windows dictation feature to convert your spoken words into written text in various applications.
11. Can I use the Surface Pro 7 microphone for gaming?
Yes, you can use the Surface Pro 7 microphone for gaming. However, if you require high-quality audio with minimal background noise, it is recommended to use a dedicated gaming headset or an external microphone.
In conclusion, the Surface Pro 7 comes equipped with multiple microphones located on the front, rear, and top bezel of the device. These microphones allow for various audio functionalities, including voice calls, audio recording, and voice commands. By familiarizing yourself with the microphone locations and understanding its capabilities, you can make the most out of your Surface Pro 7 experience.